Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Jonah's Eye

Who knew an eye infection could be so worrisome? To recap, Jonah doesn't close his eyes very well. He got a dry spot on his left eye that quickly turned to an ulcer. If the ulcer gets through the outer layer of the eye and inside, the infection could ruin the eye and it would have to be removed. The white part in his eye is the ulcer. It wasn't healing very well so last Tuesday the doc stitched his eye half way closed. (No, it isn't macaroni on his eye, its just protecting the skin from having the stitches rip through.) Then we can still get medicine in it, but it stays moist.

We saw the eye doc again yesterday and its improving, so he said we don't need to come back for 2 WHOLE WEEKS!! This is much better than going to SL 2 or 3 times a week.
The Doc asked if maybe we could stitch his eyes permanently. I said no. Eyes truly are the window to our soul. Its Jonah's only way to communicate and even if he can't see, I can see him. I need to see him. I won't let anyone take that away from him. Or me. He has the most beautiful eyes.


Jonah has great hair.
That's my boy.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Jonah's eyes are okay! I agree about keeping his eyes open. How scary though. And I love his hair and his little expression too. He is so adorable. You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he does have fantastic hair. He is such a handsome boy. I am sorry to hear about the passing of Rob's grandfather. How is everyone? We love you!

    ReplyDelete