Thursday, February 10, 2011

Let's Play!

Jonah has a few angels that come to the house and help out. They are his Therapists. They work with his vision, his movement, and teach us how to help him progress.

This is Jonah's swing. It is equipped with things that hang in his line of vision and also hang on his hands so he has things to practice grabbing. The red beads have become a quick favorite. He likes their texture and he opens and closes his hand around them.

The pom pom is okay, Jonah doesn't love it, but he tolerates it. I think when he moves his hand on this side he is trying to get away from it.:) Not really, but it's harder to grab hold of. Its a different texture to explore.
Check out Jonah holding a binki in his mouth all by himself! This is a big deal my friends! Today we gave him a bottle for the first time ever and he LOVED it. He only got one or two teaspoons out on his own, but he swallowed it down fine. We would give him some, then give him a break, then go again. During one of these breaks, (drum roll please, for the big news)
HE SMILED!!!
Yes its true. A small, brief, intentional smile. I cheered extra loud to let him know that Mom wants to see a whole lot more of that action!
Here's what I take from it all. Jonah is learning. He is progressing. It is so exciting to me I can't hardly contain my joy. Keep up the good work Jonah! (Especially the smile-work!)

Do I not have the two most handsome boys ever?






6 comments:

  1. That is great news! I love a smile from my babies. He just looks so healthy, I know he has difficulties but he just looks so different from Josiah and Jacob (I don't mean that rudely). Yes your boys are so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is something to shout from the rooftops...i'm so excited for you all! what a wonderful feeling, what a huge blessing, and what a great gift..."keep it up, Jonah!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! What great news! Which therapists are working with him? Mark or Paul? I have great love for our early intervention friends. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! What wonderful reasons to celebrate! Give that sweet boy a snuggle for me :

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful update, Behka! He is so precious. I'm so glad he's progressing. I just love his eyes. :)

    Sarah Haugen-Donermeyer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Behka, you do have gorgeous kids. Our Meri is 8 and I believe TaiNui is too, right? Maybe we could set up an arranged marriage. :) hugs

    ReplyDelete