Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 3







Jonah is doing well. This morning when I came over to hold him his nurse let me know that the goal is to get him home early next week! This was a surprise to me, but I like the plan:)
He has to be able to eat without refluxing and maintain his temperature. They started feeding him a very small amount yesterday and he did fine with it. They are going to increase his feed amount later today. We tried taking him out of the warmer and he got cold pretty fast. We tried putting clothes on him and turning off the warmer and he still got cold. We'll have to work on that...
But I feel great! I am completely medicated and can't remember conversations that just happened, but my body feels better than it ever has as I try to recover from a c-section.
I am so enjoying holding and loving on my sweet baby. He is an angel. So peaceful and content. He whines and makes the cutest baby noises and calms right down when I put my hand on his head. It is heaven holding him in my arms.

8 comments:

  1. He is so cute! Congrats you guys, what a special blessing!! Let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behka, he is adorable! congratulations. I don't know how you do it. You are an inspiration to me and many others. Let us know if we can do anything for your cute family, I miss seeing you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Behka, I am thrilled that you have a blog about Jonah it is exciting to think that I can learn about him daily (or as often as you post) and feel close to him even though he is so far.
    Jonah is so handsome! I love the black hair and dark skin and to me he looks like the healthiest of all the J boys. We can't wait to meet him and we'll keep him in our prayers so he can make it home next week. Your hair looks great and you've got makeup on. I love how your cherish the moments 100%

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, feelings, and experiences with this sweet boy. I love the picture of you holding Jonah. What a tender time for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bekah, this is Hina Stanfords wife mum gave us your blogsite. He is absoloutely gorgeous thanks for sharing and hope all goes well. Love to you guys from us xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy Jonah's doing so well Behka! He is a little piece of heaven. You look radiant. You and Rob and your sweet family are amazing. Keep us posted on all the latest developments. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful Behka and Jonah is adorable! I'm so glad he's doing well. Love this picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Behka!! You and Jonah are amazing. Your family is amazing! I am THRILLED to hear that Jonah is doing so well, that your kids got to see/hold him despite mean ol' NICU bans!! I look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more tales of his strength and the joy he brings you.

    What an earth angel...enjoy the inspiring love he fills your hearts and souls up with!
    Hugs to you,
    Kristy
    Xavier's mom (age 7 with MEB)

    ReplyDelete