Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Josiah

Today for fun I visited Josiah's website. I was struck by the contrast of Jonah's and Josiah's lives. Jonah is a month old and we haven't had a single crisis moment yet. Josiah's life was one big crisis sprinkled with a few beautiful moments of profound peace. I cried as I read the entries from the hard days. Bitter-sweet tears. So grateful. So grateful to be here and not there. So grateful for Josiah and the time we had with him. So grateful for Jonah's strength and how well he is doing. I am also aware that could change at any moment. Its a good reminder that life is precious and time is a gift.

Josiah's website is
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/babyjosiah if you want to see my other angel.:)

3 comments:

  1. I was worried when I got an email that you had posted on Josiah's site and then relieved when I saw it. I'm so glad Jonah is doing well. And I'm so glad you will get to see Josiah again and be together with him. I know you will. And Jacob too. precious boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you and your kids. love you too bro. you guys are the best kind of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Behka-
    Emily Bennett is a dear friend of mine and she told me about your sweet blog and precious children.. What an honor to have heaven in your home... Your little Jonah reminds me so much of my little boy Caleb. When Caleb was born, we were given no hope and went home from the NICU on hospice care surrounded by machines and worries. Caleb, however, just turned 6 years old and each day has been such a precious gift! Let me know if you ever need a friend who understands the tender days with machines beeping, new equipment, home health nurses and doctor appointments-- mixed with the joy of experiencing a miracle each day.
    I live in Spanish Fork and consider you a kindred spirit already! :)
    Caleb's blog is: www.winkfromheaven.blogspot.com
    my e mail: aprilmoody1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete